- The Senior School Picnic is on Monday at Parnell Baths, children are reminded to be sun smart by applying sun block prior to arriving at school.
- On Tuesday the Junior School will go to the Auckland Zoo for their picnic, please ensure children are dressed appropriately for the weather and walking around the zoo.
- Happy Rock Cafe is closed for the rest of the year, this means there are no lunch orders this week.
- On Wednesday we will be having a Market Day. Most classes will be setting up stalls to sell simple items. Children who would like to purchase anything from a stall will need canned food, gold coins or non-perishable food items to swap. All food and money raised from the day will be donated to the City Mission for those less fortunate. If you would like to donate any extra items or gifts to the City Mission just send them to the office where there will be a collection box. This event is organised by the student council.
- Also on Wednesday afternoon the Middle School will have their Poetry Recital in the hall at 2.00pm.
- Year 6 Graduation is on Thursday, parents of Year 6 children are reminded to pick their child up at 6.00pm from the canopy by the pool.
- Gladstone’s Walking School Bus End of Year Pool Party is on Thursday 3-4pm, the pool will be closed to other swimmers at this time. To allow our volunteers to attend, the WSBs won’t run on Thursday afternoon, unless otherwise specified by your WSB Coordinator.
- School finishes for the year on Friday at 1.00pm, we will restart on Wednesday 7 February at 8.45am.
- With the arrival of fantastic weather please encourage your child to be sun smart while getting ready for school. Hats are compulsory in term 4 and we highly recommend sunblock is applied at home.
- The road patrol children are off to Rainbows End on Wednesday to celebrate the great job they have done this year. They are encouraged to wear closed footwear for the day.
- Junior School prize-giving will take place in the hall on Thursday morning starting at 9.00am. If you plan on attending please RSVP to Raewyn in the office and be seated at 9.00am.
- All Middle School children will be going to the National Youth Theatre Companies performance of Peter Pan on Thursday at Aotea Theatre.
- On Friday the Middle and Senior School prize-giving will start at 9.00 in the hall, please RSVP to Raewyn and be seated by 9.00am. If attending, please allocate until 10.30 as it is disruptive to all if you leave during this celebration.
- Children attending Gladstone in 2018 will meet their new classroom teacher and class mates on Friday. Please check school bags on Friday evening as there will be information relating to 2018.
- Ponsonby testing for those Year 6 children going to Ponsonby Intermediate will take place on Monday.
- The Art Exhibition and Auction is on Wednesday afternoon. Viewing of all individual and class pieces will be in the hall from 3.15, the auction of class pieces starts in the staff room from 6.30. Remember there is food and beverages available for purchase on the night.
- Don’t forget your gold coins on Monday to donate to the Child Cancer Foundation. You will be supporting our new entrant children who are participating in the Big Hoot Art Trail (Info at: https://www.eventfinda.co.nz/2018/the-big-hoot-auckland-2018/auckland) Here is their Give-a-little page for those who would like to donate more… https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/childcancerfoundationlittlehootproject
- The Helpers morning tea is on Thursday for all those invited guest starting at 11.00am.
- Our end of the year prize givings are getting closer, if you have received an invitation in your letter box to attend please RSVP as soon as possible as seating is limited.
- On Wednesday afternoon the Kapa Haka and Pasifika groups will perform at the Aranui Rest Home.
- Athletics zone day will take place on Thursday at Margaret Griffin Park in Mount Roskill. A schedule for the day will be available on the school app by Wednesday.
- The Kiwi Kapers concert is Wednesday afternoon for those children who chose to attend.
- House activity day is on Friday, support your house by dressing in your house colours.
- Gladstone Art Night & Auction-29 November 2017 from 5 pm
This years art night is on the 29th November. Come and have a look at your children’s art. The Hall is open from 3.30 for you to view the art. There will be a sausage sizzle, sushi, and Ham Rolls available, along with a bar in the staff room so bring some cash. Eftpos will be available from the office. The art auction will start at 6.30 in the staff room where you will be able to bid on the classroom art pieces.The Gladstone Community Group have got dinner sorted and will be selling food and drinks during the Gladstone Art Night & Auction on the 29th of November.Here are the dinner and drink options that will be available:-Sausage Sizzle | $2.00-Sushi | $7.00 per pack (Chicken or Tuna)-Ham rolls | $5.00 per roll (includes Ham, Salad & delicious roll)Food will be for sale until it runs out and will be located on the deck area of the school hall, so get in quick! Cash is preferred but there will be limited eftpos available.A massive thank you to our wonderful sponsors for the night:
-Ray White Mt Eden – John Covich & Rachel Berry
-The Fresh Collective, Mt Albert
-Albert’s Post, Mt Albert
- New Zealand Association for Gifted Children
NAGC Conference – March 16th-18th 2018 – AucklandIf you have a child with High Abilities you may like to check out the web-site and the upcoming conference. It is being held in Auckland at ACG Parnell College. There are great workshop options for both children and their families. The details on how to enrol and the costs can be found on the website.If you have any questions please email Claire Alger
This is to inform you that we have had a case of the Mumps reported for a student at our school, it is only a mild case as the child was immunised. If your child is unwell or has mump like symptoms, please take them to your local G.P.
Just a reminder that Friday is the Walkathon day. Please ensure your child is dressed sun smart. They are allowed to dress in bright clothing too and there will be prizes for most creative outfits.
- Sausage sizzle is on Tuesday, please buy your sausage in the hall before school.
- The walkathon event is this Friday. The Junior School will be walking around Oakley Creek, the Middle School will head to Western Springs and the Senior School will be participating in a duathlon/triathlon at school. This will start at 10.00am after assembly and will finish by 12.30. Please let your child’s classroom teacher know if you would like to join us on any of the walks. Children will need closed footwear for the walks and sun protection in the form of hats and sunblock. Remember to keep getting your sponsorship forms in.
- This is a friendly reminder that we have a school canteen that is open Wednesday – Friday, we discourage the use of UberEATS for lunches.
- We will be swimming in PE for the rest of the term, please ensure your children have their togs on their classes PE day.
- If you have not downloaded the school app yet it is available free at the App store for iOS users or the Play store for android users. Just simple type Gladstone Primary into the search bar. The app will push out the weekly reminders from the start of next year and will also have all the information in regards to payment, communication, reporting an absence and much more.
- On Tuesday we have the Junior School athletics day at school. Track events will start at 10.00am with the sprinting races, class relays are from 11.45-12.30. A field event rotation will run from 1.40 -2.50.
- Rooms 25 & 19 are going to Arataki Visitors Centre on Wednesday.
- The Bring Your Own Chromebook information evening is this Wednesday from 5.30-6.30pm. This will be held in the Year 6 block which is by the Junior School playground. There will an exhibition of how they are used by children from 5.30-6.00 followed by a sort presentation and a chance for caregivers to ask questions.
- On Thursday the Year 3-6 athletics day will be held at Unitec. Please remind children to dress appropriately for activity, being sun smart and prepared for sun showers. The long range forecast is for rain so please have the push notification feature turned on the school app as this is how we will inform you of postponement. From Tuesday you will be able to see the timetable for the day on the App.
- THE BALLOT FOR A THE SWIMMING POOL KEY IS NOW OPEN!
$140 for the summer season
If you wish to put your name in a ballot to have a chance to win a swimming pool key, fill out a form in the office and put it in the ballot box. One entry per family. The Ballot is open now and closes on Tuesday, 14 November. The winners will be advised on Wed 15th and Thurs 16th November.
The key will enable you to use the swimming pool out of school hours, that is, after 3pm during the week, in the weekends and over the Christmas holidays.
There is a limit of 100 keys to be issued and the money raised from the ballot system is used to go towards the costs of running the pool.
It is a relatively inexpensive form of entertainment for your children over the holidays. The solar heating helps to warm it on the cooler days, and this year we have installed new showers with warm water.
You are obliged to be responsible for your children at all times when at the pool. There are no supervisors. The use of the pool is primarily for those children enrolled at Gladstone School. However if the pool is not crowded and you have other children in your family, they may be permitted to swim also, but only under your supervision.
- The school pool opens for lunchtime swim this week, children wanting to swim need to bring appropriate swimming attire.
- Inter-school softball is Tuesday for those Senior School children selected.
- The Halloween disco is on Friday evening in the school hall.
- Please remember to be sun smart by wearing hats and sun screen.
- On Tuesday the Middle School has a special stage show performing.
- On Wednesday and Thursday evenings we have the student involved conferences. It’s not too late to book an appointment with your child’s teacher.
- Please remember to send your child to school is a sun smart manner. Hats are compulsory in term 4 and we suggest applying sun screen prior to coming to school.
- HALLOWEEN DISCO- FRIDAY 3rd November WHAT TO WEAR: Come as a witch, a zombie, a ghost anything that will freak your friends out
WHAT TO BRING: Gold coin donation at the hall door
Pocket money for glow sticks $1 – $3 and chips $2 (inside) $2 each for sausages and drinks (outside)
SAUSAGE SIZZLE (Junior Disco Only):
The sizzle begins at 5 pm, sausages $2 and drinks $2 will also be on sale – so make sure you’re on time to get some food and a drink before you boogie it off !!
HALLOWEEN DISCO TIMES:
Year 0, 1 ,2 530 pm – 630 pm – A Parent MUST stay for the duration of the disco
Year 3, 4, 5, 6 7pm – 8pm – Parents can drop children off, but must be back by 745 pm for collection.
NOTE: YEAR 3 is now included in the later disco
TUNES SUGGESTION BOX:
There’s a suggestion box at the office for any songs you want to hear played on the night. Make sure you get in quick as Bruce will be compiling all songs the week of the disco…
WITH SPECIAL THANKS TO LOOK SHARP ST LUKES
Good morning all, welcome to term 4.
- There is a sausage sizzle on Tuesday, please purchase your sausage in the hall before school.
- Reports will be coming home on Friday afternoon, if you have not booked a interview/ conference time with your child’s teacher please do so.
- The Gladstone Pool Changing Sheds Grand Opening!
Friday 20th October 2017 at 10.00 am Everybody Welcome ! Join us for the Opening Ceremony of the new Gladstone Pool Changing Sheds. We are so delighted with our new facility that we will be having a ribbon cutting ceremony and giving the whole school the chance to walk through the new sheds and have a piece of cake to celebrate.
Hopefully we will have a coffee van in attendance, so come along, buy a coffee and have a piece of cake on us and celebrate these wonderful new changing rooms that all of our kids, and kids for years to come will get to benefit from!
Can’t wait to see you there!
The Gladstone Community Group are proud to celebrate the opening of the changing sheds, completed with funds raised from the 2016 Great Gladstone Gala.