- If you have not downloaded the school app yet it is available free at the App store for iOS users or the Play store for android users. Just simple type Gladstone Primary into the search bar. The app will push out the weekly reminders from the start of next year and will also have all the information in regards to payment, communication, reporting an absence and much more.
- On Tuesday we have the Junior School athletics day at school. Track events will start at 10.00am with the sprinting races, class relays are from 11.45-12.30. A field event rotation will run from 1.40 -2.50.
- Rooms 25 & 19 are going to Arataki Visitors Centre on Wednesday.
- The Bring Your Own Chromebook information evening is this Wednesday from 5.30-6.30pm. This will be held in the Year 6 block which is by the Junior School playground. There will an exhibition of how they are used by children from 5.30-6.00 followed by a sort presentation and a chance for caregivers to ask questions.
- On Thursday the Year 3-6 athletics day will be held at Unitec. Please remind children to dress appropriately for activity, being sun smart and prepared for sun showers. The long range forecast is for rain so please have the push notification feature turned on the school app as this is how we will inform you of postponement. From Tuesday you will be able to see the timetable for the day on the App.
- THE BALLOT FOR A THE SWIMMING POOL KEY IS NOW OPEN!
$140 for the summer season
If you wish to put your name in a ballot to have a chance to win a swimming pool key, fill out a form in the office and put it in the ballot box. One entry per family. The Ballot is open now and closes on Tuesday, 14 November. The winners will be advised on Wed 15th and Thurs 16th November.
The key will enable you to use the swimming pool out of school hours, that is, after 3pm during the week, in the weekends and over the Christmas holidays.
There is a limit of 100 keys to be issued and the money raised from the ballot system is used to go towards the costs of running the pool.
It is a relatively inexpensive form of entertainment for your children over the holidays. The solar heating helps to warm it on the cooler days, and this year we have installed new showers with warm water.
You are obliged to be responsible for your children at all times when at the pool. There are no supervisors. The use of the pool is primarily for those children enrolled at Gladstone School. However if the pool is not crowded and you have other children in your family, they may be permitted to swim also, but only under your supervision.