- On Wednesday afternoon the Kapa Haka and Pasifika groups will perform at the Aranui Rest Home.
- Athletics zone day will take place on Thursday at Margaret Griffin Park in Mount Roskill. A schedule for the day will be available on the school app by Wednesday.
- The Kiwi Kapers concert is Wednesday afternoon for those children who chose to attend.
- House activity day is on Friday, support your house by dressing in your house colours.
- Gladstone Art Night & Auction-29 November 2017 from 5 pm
This years art night is on the 29th November. Come and have a look at your children’s art. The Hall is open from 3.30 for you to view the art. There will be a sausage sizzle, sushi, and Ham Rolls available, along with a bar in the staff room so bring some cash. Eftpos will be available from the office. The art auction will start at 6.30 in the staff room where you will be able to bid on the classroom art pieces.The Gladstone Community Group have got dinner sorted and will be selling food and drinks during the Gladstone Art Night & Auction on the 29th of November.Here are the dinner and drink options that will be available:-Sausage Sizzle | $2.00-Sushi | $7.00 per pack (Chicken or Tuna)-Ham rolls | $5.00 per roll (includes Ham, Salad & delicious roll)Food will be for sale until it runs out and will be located on the deck area of the school hall, so get in quick! Cash is preferred but there will be limited eftpos available.A massive thank you to our wonderful sponsors for the night:
-Ray White Mt Eden – John Covich & Rachel Berry
-The Fresh Collective, Mt Albert
-Albert’s Post, Mt Albert
- New Zealand Association for Gifted Children
NAGC Conference – March 16th-18th 2018 – AucklandIf you have a child with High Abilities you may like to check out the web-site and the upcoming conference. It is being held in Auckland at ACG Parnell College. There are great workshop options for both children and their families. The details on how to enrol and the costs can be found on the website.If you have any questions please email Claire Alger
This is to inform you that we have had a case of the Mumps reported for a student at our school, it is only a mild case as the child was immunised. If your child is unwell or has mump like symptoms, please take them to your local G.P.
Just a reminder that Friday is the Walkathon day. Please ensure your child is dressed sun smart. They are allowed to dress in bright clothing too and there will be prizes for most creative outfits.
- Sausage sizzle is on Tuesday, please buy your sausage in the hall before school.
- The walkathon event is this Friday. The Junior School will be walking around Oakley Creek, the Middle School will head to Western Springs and the Senior School will be participating in a duathlon/triathlon at school. This will start at 10.00am after assembly and will finish by 12.30. Please let your child’s classroom teacher know if you would like to join us on any of the walks. Children will need closed footwear for the walks and sun protection in the form of hats and sunblock. Remember to keep getting your sponsorship forms in.
- This is a friendly reminder that we have a school canteen that is open Wednesday – Friday, we discourage the use of UberEATS for lunches.
- We will be swimming in PE for the rest of the term, please ensure your children have their togs on their classes PE day.
- If you have not downloaded the school app yet it is available free at the App store for iOS users or the Play store for android users. Just simple type Gladstone Primary into the search bar. The app will push out the weekly reminders from the start of next year and will also have all the information in regards to payment, communication, reporting an absence and much more.
- On Tuesday we have the Junior School athletics day at school. Track events will start at 10.00am with the sprinting races, class relays are from 11.45-12.30. A field event rotation will run from 1.40 -2.50.
- Rooms 25 & 19 are going to Arataki Visitors Centre on Wednesday.
- The Bring Your Own Chromebook information evening is this Wednesday from 5.30-6.30pm. This will be held in the Year 6 block which is by the Junior School playground. There will an exhibition of how they are used by children from 5.30-6.00 followed by a sort presentation and a chance for caregivers to ask questions.
- On Thursday the Year 3-6 athletics day will be held at Unitec. Please remind children to dress appropriately for activity, being sun smart and prepared for sun showers. The long range forecast is for rain so please have the push notification feature turned on the school app as this is how we will inform you of postponement. From Tuesday you will be able to see the timetable for the day on the App.
- THE BALLOT FOR A THE SWIMMING POOL KEY IS NOW OPEN!
$140 for the summer season
If you wish to put your name in a ballot to have a chance to win a swimming pool key, fill out a form in the office and put it in the ballot box. One entry per family. The Ballot is open now and closes on Tuesday, 14 November. The winners will be advised on Wed 15th and Thurs 16th November.
The key will enable you to use the swimming pool out of school hours, that is, after 3pm during the week, in the weekends and over the Christmas holidays.
There is a limit of 100 keys to be issued and the money raised from the ballot system is used to go towards the costs of running the pool.
It is a relatively inexpensive form of entertainment for your children over the holidays. The solar heating helps to warm it on the cooler days, and this year we have installed new showers with warm water.
You are obliged to be responsible for your children at all times when at the pool. There are no supervisors. The use of the pool is primarily for those children enrolled at Gladstone School. However if the pool is not crowded and you have other children in your family, they may be permitted to swim also, but only under your supervision.
- The school pool opens for lunchtime swim this week, children wanting to swim need to bring appropriate swimming attire.
- Inter-school softball is Tuesday for those Senior School children selected.
- The Halloween disco is on Friday evening in the school hall.
- Please remember to be sun smart by wearing hats and sun screen.
- On Tuesday the Middle School has a special stage show performing.
- On Wednesday and Thursday evenings we have the student involved conferences. It’s not too late to book an appointment with your child’s teacher.
- Please remember to send your child to school is a sun smart manner. Hats are compulsory in term 4 and we suggest applying sun screen prior to coming to school.
- HALLOWEEN DISCO- FRIDAY 3rd November WHAT TO WEAR: Come as a witch, a zombie, a ghost anything that will freak your friends out
WHAT TO BRING: Gold coin donation at the hall door
Pocket money for glow sticks $1 – $3 and chips $2 (inside) $2 each for sausages and drinks (outside)
SAUSAGE SIZZLE (Junior Disco Only):
The sizzle begins at 5 pm, sausages $2 and drinks $2 will also be on sale – so make sure you’re on time to get some food and a drink before you boogie it off !!
HALLOWEEN DISCO TIMES:
Year 0, 1 ,2 530 pm – 630 pm – A Parent MUST stay for the duration of the disco
Year 3, 4, 5, 6 7pm – 8pm – Parents can drop children off, but must be back by 745 pm for collection.
NOTE: YEAR 3 is now included in the later disco
TUNES SUGGESTION BOX:
There’s a suggestion box at the office for any songs you want to hear played on the night. Make sure you get in quick as Bruce will be compiling all songs the week of the disco…
WITH SPECIAL THANKS TO LOOK SHARP ST LUKES
Good morning all, welcome to term 4.
- There is a sausage sizzle on Tuesday, please purchase your sausage in the hall before school.
- Reports will be coming home on Friday afternoon, if you have not booked a interview/ conference time with your child’s teacher please do so.
- The Gladstone Pool Changing Sheds Grand Opening!
Friday 20th October 2017 at 10.00 am Everybody Welcome ! Join us for the Opening Ceremony of the new Gladstone Pool Changing Sheds. We are so delighted with our new facility that we will be having a ribbon cutting ceremony and giving the whole school the chance to walk through the new sheds and have a piece of cake to celebrate.
Hopefully we will have a coffee van in attendance, so come along, buy a coffee and have a piece of cake on us and celebrate these wonderful new changing rooms that all of our kids, and kids for years to come will get to benefit from!
Can’t wait to see you there!
The Gladstone Community Group are proud to celebrate the opening of the changing sheds, completed with funds raised from the 2016 Great Gladstone Gala.
RE: Student Involved Conferences/Parent Interviews: Wednesday 25th & Thursday 26th October 2017.
This letter is to let you know that we have our Student Involved Conferences/ Parent Interviews on the following dates:
Wednesday 25th October from 3:15pm to 8:00pm, and Thursday 26th October from 3:15-7:30pm. School will close at the normal time of 3:00pm on these days.
Interview lengths are 15 minutes. This is a chance for you and your child (Years 4-6) to meet with teachers and discuss their achievement so far this year. For students Years 1-3 their participation remains a choice for you to make. Your son and/or daughter will bring home a report on Friday 20th October. Please talk about it with them and bring it to your interview. Amanda Goodwin, Claire Alger, Stephanie Oates, Barbara McPherson, Bevan Verryt, Dianne Chambers (please note Dianne is only available on the Wednesday evening), Jessica Wells, Colin Laing and myself will also be available for an interview should you require one.
As usual we are using the online bookings for interviews. The guidelines for this are on the reverse side of this letter. If you do not have access to a computer at home these are available at our local public libraries, in your child’s classroom or feel free just to call in to the office and talk to Victoria or phone her on 846 9744 ext 700 to book your time. Online bookings will close at 9am on Tuesday 24th October. Any bookings or changes to bookings will then need to be made through the office.
- Halloween disco, Friday 3rd November. All kids are encouraged to get dressed up and be as scary as possible.
This could be a great opportunity to get crafty with your kids at home. Prizes will be awarded for the best costume, best dancer etc. There will also be a song suggestion box at the office in the lead up to this event so kids can suggest their favourite songs.
We would also love some more parent help on the night as we’ll have a snacks and drinks table and the ever popular glow sticks will be on sale. We also plan to fire up the BBQ’s for a sausage sizzle on the hall steps for hungry kids and parents. This is for the junior school only as the sausages didn’t sell at the senior school disco in term 2.
If you think you can help the decoration team or can help on the night please email Kate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you all Friday 3rd Nov for a great night full of fun and boogie!
- The Junior School athletics day is at school on Tuesday 7 November at school. The Middle and Senior School athletics day is on Thursday 9 November at the Unitec sports field.
- The Junior School Picnic is on Tuesday 12 December, Middle School is Thursday 7 December and the Senior School is on Monday 11 December.
- The last day of term 4 is Friday 15 December 2017.
- The Pasifika /Maori hui is on Monday evening in the staff room. There will be no whanau fono on Monday afternoon.
- Calendar art orders have now been extended to Monday 25th September so get ordering! Pay online or get a slip to Victoria in the office.
- Sausage sizzle on Tuesday, please order your sausage in the hall before school. Funds raised this week go towards the year 6 graduation.
- The exhibition of learning will take place this Wednesday from 3.30pm-5.00pm in your child’s class.
- Gladstone’s Got Talent finals are on Friday morning in the hall.
- School finishes on Friday at 3.00pm, we start back on Monday 16th October.
- Gladstone’s Got Talent semi-finals are on Monday afternoon in the hall for the amazing contestants who have progressed.
- Netball team photos are on Tuesday morning in the hall, please remember to bring your uniform for the photo as it will be returned afterwards. Timings are at the bottom this post.
- Various Middle School classes have trips to Corban’s Estate this week.
- The LADD’s movie night is on Wednesday starting at 6.15pm, it will be no matter the weather as the hall will be used as a last resort. Kids bring dad, granddad, uncle or significant male with you.
- This is our last week of options for the Middle and Senior Schools.
- Please remember to wear a helmet when riding bikes, scooter and skateboards to school. Children are not allowed to ride on the school site from the 8.15 bell until the OSCAR 3.10 bell.