- The parent art workshop for children with special needs is taking place on Monday evening in the staffroom, please email Barbara McPherson if you plan to attend firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inter-school football zone day is on Tuesday at Seddon Field. A draw for the tournament can be found on the sports blog. http://blogs.gladstone.school.nz/sports/
- On Tuesday at 9.20 am we have our first UNSW test (also known as ICAS testing). Our first test is Digital Technologies. If your child is enrolled to sit this test please ensure that they are on time to school. Tim Faville (Year 6), Carol Elson (Year 5) and Lynsey Yelland (Year 4) will be administering the test. After the test their papers are sent to Australia for marking – they take a few weeks to be returned to us. When they are, we return their papers and test feedback to students and parents. Please note that we are required to abide by the UNSW guidelines – if your child is away from school on the test day, then they are not able to sit the test at another time. If you have any questions please email Claire Alger email@example.com . If you have any practice test please return them to Claire Alger in room 31.
- This Tuesday we are having our Maths Parent Workshops in the staff room from 6.30 pm – 8 pm. Thank you to the many parents who have responded to say they are coming. If you haven’t done this yet, you are still very welcome to come along. If you have any questions please email Claire Alger firstname.lastname@example.org
- The house captains will be attending the National Young Leaders Conference at Vodafone events centre on Thursday.
- Year 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 cross country will take place on Friday at Unitec, we will be departing school at 9.45 am from the covered turf. All children who have filled in the 5 km permission slip will be able to attend. Parents are more than welcome to join us to support. You can walk over with us or meet us at the sports field at Unitec. Children will run in age groups and all children who place 1st to 6th in the 8-11 year old age groups will get to attend the cross country zone day .
LAST WEEK to get your tickets to the Gladstone Community Movie Night: ‘Adult Life Skills’, which is playing 8pm this Thursday 25th May – $25 per ticket incl complimentary drink. Details are on the Gladstone Community Group Facebook page, or contact email@example.com for tickets.